Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Sascha Homeier <sh...@apollon.de> on 2018/05/10 13:54:35 UTC

CMIS Extensions

Hello together,

As far as I understood you can set extensions at different levels on the ObjectData on the server side.
But what is the ExtensionsData argument on many of the methods on the CmisService interface for?

For example we have an ExtensionsData object on getFolderParent:
ObjectData getFolderParent(String repositoryId, String folderId, String filter, ExtensionsData extension)

For this service it is always set to null in upper layers of AtomPub, Browser calls.
Is this argument on the API maybe reserved for possible future use?

Also if I remember right I read a mail on this list about Extensions not supported for Browser Binding.
I could successfully test extensions passed via Browser Binding.
Did I maybe misunderstand sth. here?

Thx in advance for any clarification.

Cheers
Sascha

P. +84 166 456-3331
shomeier@apollon.de

turning technology.

apollon GmbH+Co. KG
Maximilianstr. 104
75172 Pforzheim / Germany
www.apollon.de

Geschäftsführer: Eugen Müller, Norbert Weckerle
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRA 705979
PhG: apollon Verwaltungs-GmbH Mannheim HRB 720987

6. OMN Innovation Day am 21. Juni 2018 im ZKM (Karlsruhe)
Herausragende Expertenvorträge und User-Sessions.
Schnell anmelden!

Re: CMIS Extensions

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Sascha,

yes, for the AtomPub and Browser Binding the ExtensionsData will always
be null.

- Florian

> Hey Florian,
>
> thanks for the info.
>
> So the Web Services Binding is also capable of sending some extended requests to the server while with the Atom and Browser Binding it is only possible to store extended infos on the object on server side and sending it to the client, right?
> If I only implement the AtomPub and Browser Binding in my server I can assume the ExtensionsData will always be null?
>
> Thx in advance.
>

> Best regards
>
> Sascha Homeier
> Software Developer
>
> P. +84 166 456-3331,,
> shomeier@apollon.de
>
> turning technology.
>
> apollon GmbH+Co. KG
> Maximilianstr. 104
> 75172 Pforzheim / Germany
> www.apollon.de
>
> Geschäftsführer: Eugen Müller, Norbert Weckerle
> Amtsgericht Mannheim HRA 705979
> PhG: apollon Verwaltungs-GmbH Mannheim HRB 720987
>
> 6. OMN Innovation Day am 21. Juni 2018 im ZKM (Karlsruhe)
> Herausragende Expertenvorträge und User-Sessions.
> Schnell anmelden!
>> On May 14, 2018, at 12:17 AM, Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sascha,
>>
>> these extensions are sent with the request. That is only supported by
>> the Web Services Binding.
>> The other bindings use HTTP GET for many operations and these calls
>> don't have a request body, which could carry the extension data.
>>
>> Whenever you send data from the client to the server, you can extend the
>> data your sending with extensions.
>>

>> - Florian
>>

>>> Hello together,
>>>
>>> As far as I understood you can set extensions at different levels on the ObjectData on the server side.
>>> But what is the ExtensionsData argument on many of the methods on the CmisService interface for?
>>>
>>> For example we have an ExtensionsData object on getFolderParent:
>>> ObjectData getFolderParent(String repositoryId, String folderId, String filter, ExtensionsData extension)
>>>
>>> For this service it is always set to null in upper layers of AtomPub, Browser calls.
>>> Is this argument on the API maybe reserved for possible future use?
>>>

>>> Also if I remember right I read a mail on this list about Extensions not supported for Browser Binding.
>>> I could successfully test extensions passed via Browser Binding.
>>> Did I maybe misunderstand sth. here?
>>>
>>> Thx in advance for any clarification.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Sascha