Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jon * <jo...@clearink.com> on 1999/11/25 00:43:37 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tools/ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs KeySubst.java defaults.properties

on 11/24/99 3:50 PM, James Duncan Davidson <ja...@eng.sun.com>
wrote:

> jons@hyperreal.org wrote:
>> * Keywords in input files look like this: @foo@. See the docs for the
>
> In general +1. However, in the xml files themselves, we use ${foo} to
> mark key words. Having two different substitution tokens isn't good
> imho.

Ok...I'm actually re-doing this class...the replace() method in it has a
boat load of bugs (i'm horrible at doing string replacement code). I will
change it to use ${foo} instead and re-use your methods that you already
wrote. The reason why I used @aa@ was for backwards compatibility with the
autoconf stuff.

-jon