Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "longie@esatclear.ie" <lo...@esatclear.ie> on 2005/01/13 13:32:20 UTC

Call specific Targets from a GUI

Hello,

I am trying to create a GUI that will allow a user to press either of two
buttons. If they press the first button then a target within the build.xml
is executed i.e. compile a set of java files outputted to a specific
directory. If they press the second button the same applies but again is
outputted to a second directory.

I have been messing with

import org.apache.tools.ant.Task;
import org.apache.tools.ant.Task;

but not getting very far. I have managed to create java files that can call
different tasks from the command prompt i.e. ant run or ant run2 which uses
the class file to pass arguments etc...to the build.xml file.

What is the best place to start to design a GUI that will allow me to call
specific targets from an application or is this even possible!

Regards,

John

Re: Call specific Targets from a GUI

Posted by ga...@hotpop.com.
René Ghosh <re...@yahoo.com> writes:

> The file releases for 1.2 have been corrected. Apparently the sourceforge upload encountered a
> problem in the original upload. You can download it now.

Yeppers.  Works, right out of the box.  Looks pretty cool...

Posted by René Ghosh <re...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by René Ghosh <re...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- "longie@esatclear.ie" <lo...@esatclear.ie> wrote:
[SNIP]
> What is the best place to start to design a GUI that
> will allow me to call
> specific targets from an application or is this even
> possible!

Perhaps you should look at the AntForm project at
http://antforms.sourceforge.net/ .

-Matt