Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vramineni <vr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/14 08:42:12 UTC

Shale - init and destroy being called twice

Hi,

I am a newbie to web development in Java. Coming from ASP.Net background, I
thought Shale framework would be easier for me to understand. Actually, I am
able to progress well with Shale/Clay/MyFaces and pretty much do everything
that I could using  ASP.Net. I am stuck with this problem of init() and
destroy() being called twice. First init() call has PostBack set to false
always. I thought I was doing something wrong, I have downloaded the Shale
usecases project and even this project has the same issue. Right now, I am
getting by using a counter. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Re: Shale - init and destroy being called twice

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 7/13/06, vramineni <vr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to web development in Java. Coming from ASP.Net background,
> thought Shale framework would be easier for me to understand. Actually, I
> am
> able to progress well with Shale/Clay/MyFaces and pretty much do
> everything
> that I could using  ASP.Net. I am stuck with this problem of init() and
> destroy() being called twice. First init() call has PostBack set to false
> always. I thought I was doing something wrong, I have downloaded the Shale
> usecases project and even this project has the same issue. Right now, I am
> getting by using a counter. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Shale now has it's own mailing list ... could you please join us there using
the information at [1] to subscribe?

Also, which page(s) in the Use Cases application did you observe this
behavior on?  Also, can you provide a few more details about the page and
managed bean   And, how recent is the version of Shale you are using for
this?

Craig

[1] http://shale.apache.org/mail-lists.html