Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tod Thomas <tt...@chubb.com> on 2007/03/19 18:32:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Reverse Proxy Port 8080

I'm running apache v2.2.0, built from scratch, on an FC6 box.  I have a
Tomcat based portal server running from port 8080 on the same box.  I'd
like to proxy any requests to the portal through apache using mod_proxy,
et al.

The portal itself, upon initial request, redirects the client a couple
of times before it finally rests at a default home page.

I can get it working just fine if I use this construct:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
   ProxyRequests Off
   ProxyPreserveHost On
   ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
   ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
</IfModule>

However I don't want to proxy everything, just requests to the portal.
When I try this:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
   ProxyRequests Off
   ProxyPreserveHost On
   ProxyPass /portal/ http://localhost:8080/
   ProxyPassReverse /portal/ http://localhost:8080/
</IfModule>

It fails.  I have a feeling it has to do with the multiple redirects the
portal does prior to presenting its initial home page, but I'm not sure.

I have heard that mod_ajp might be a solution to this but I even less
familiar with it than I am apache's reverse proxy methods.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks - Tod