Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/07/02 01:01:53 UTC

Hive Table to CSV file

Hi,

My requirement is to load data from a (one column) Hive view to a CSV file. After loading it, I dont see any file generated.

I used the following commands to load data to file from a view v_june1

hive > set hive.io.output.fileformat=CSVTextFile;
 hive > insert overwrite local directory '/usr/home/hadoop/da1/' select * from v_june1_pgnum

.....The output at console is like the below.....

MapReduce Total cumulative CPU time: 4 minutes 15 seconds 590 msec
Ended Job = job_201306141336_0113
Copying data to local directory /usr/home/hadoop/da1
Copying data to local directory /usr/home/hadoop/da1
3281 Rows loaded to /usr/home/hadoop/da1
MapReduce Jobs Launched:
Job 0: Map: 21  Reduce: 6   Cumulative CPU: 255.59 sec   HDFS Read: 5373722496 HDFS Write: 389069 SUCCESS
Total MapReduce CPU Time Spent: 4 minutes 15 seconds 590 msec
OK
Time taken: 148.764 second

My Question : I do not see any files created under /usr/home/hadoop/da1. Where are the files created?

Thanks,
Raj

Re: Hive Table to CSV file

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry. Its my bad.  I see the files now. I was looking in a different directory earlier.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hive Table to CSV file

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.