Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by balazspeterfi <ba...@peterfi.net> on 2019/08/01 12:18:16 UTC

RE: Partition loss event

Hi Alexandr,

Thanks, that was the missing part. It would be nice to mention it in the
docs I guess as it's quite easy to miss it.

Regards,
Balazs

Re: Partition loss event

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Ilya,

I am not sure that enabling subset of events will fit all needs. If we
would like to do so then it might be good idea to make it clear in API
that certain events are enabled by default (e.g. put them into
separate class).

Also we should be careful with backward compatibility, some kind of
events look more like debug stuff, e.g.
EVT_CACHE_REBALANCE_OBJECT_LOADED. Is it relevant for historical
rebalance? What does it mean for rebalancing whole partition files?
How user is going to use it?

And a care stil should be put to performance, aforementioned
EVT_CACHE_REBALANCE_OBJECT_LOADED can introduce non-negliable impact,
cannot it?

Also, we can employ some soft means like printing a warning if a
listener is registered for disabled event.

And a last point about code and javadocs. There is a line "Note that
certain events are required for Ignite's internal operations and such
events will still be generated". Perhaps we can provide a list of such
events in docs or do not expose them to a user listeners. And a bit of
mess. IgniteConfiguration#getIncludeEventTypes claims "Note that by
default all events in Ignite are disabled". While EventType says "Note
that by default all events in Ignite are enabled and therefore
generated and stored by whatever event storage SPI is configured".

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Partition loss event