Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Pradeepta Choudhury <pr...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/09 16:34:20 UTC

dynamic executor scalling spark on kubernetes client mode

Hiii ,

The dynamic executor scalling is working fine for spark on kubernetes
(latest from spark master repository ) in cluster mode . is the dynamic
executor scalling available for client mode ? if yes where can i find the
usage doc for same .
If no is there any PR open for this ?

Thanks ,
Pradeepta

Re: dynamic executor scalling spark on kubernetes client mode

Posted by Steven Stetzler <st...@gmail.com>.
Oh, thanks for mentioning that, it looks l dynamic allocation on Kubernetes
works in client mode in Spark 3.0.0. I just had to set the following
configurations:

spark.dynamicAllocation.enabled=true

spark.dynamicAllocation.shuffleTracking.enabled=true

to enable dynamic allocation and disable the need for the external shuffle
service (which looks like it is experimental right now). My executor pods
couldn't connect to the  external shuffle service when it was enabled. This
seems to be working okay for me.

Thanks,
Steven

Posted by Pradeepta Choudhury <pr...@gmail.com>.