Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2000/07/25 02:20:51 UTC

Re: Problems with latest Xerces/Xalan Xerces -- FIXED!!!

Okay, I finally fixed the problem involving validating DTDs when
namespaces are turned on. PLEASE check out the latest from CVS
and pound on it to make sure that I didn't hose something else
in the process!

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org

Re: Problems with latest Xerces/Xalan Xerces -- FIXED!!!

Posted by Eric Ye <er...@locus.apache.org>.
Just found a bug in XMLValidator that will barf on prefixed attributes other
than "xmlns:..", "xml:...", such as "foo:attr1", even if it is already
defined in DTD.
 fix is already in CVS.
_____

Eric Ye * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * ericye@locus.apache.org

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
Andy Clark wrote:

> Okay, I finally fixed the problem involving validating DTDs when
> namespaces are turned on. PLEASE check out the latest from CVS
> and pound on it to make sure that I didn't hose something else
> in the process!

Thanks for working on this.  I checked out the latest sources and got a
different error.  This is with SAX "validation" true and "namespaces"
the default value of true.  The error I got was:

"Element type "foo:root" must be declared."

It seems that the element is already declared in the DTD.  Below is my
simple test document.

-Edwin

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE foo:root [

<!ELEMENT foo:root (foo:element1, element2)>
<!ATTLIST foo:root
    xmlns:foo CDATA #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT foo:element1 (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT element2 (#PCDATA)>
]>

<foo:root xmlns:foo="http://www.foo.com/foo">
    <foo:element1>test</foo:element1>
    <element2>test2</element2>
</foo:root>

Re: Problems with latest Xerces/Xalan Xerces -- NOT QUITE :(

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Andy Clark wrote:
> Okay, I finally fixed the problem involving validating DTDs when
> namespaces are turned on. PLEASE check out the latest from CVS
> and pound on it to make sure that I didn't hose something else
> in the process!

Okay, a little more work needs to be done. The namespace issue
with DTDs works fine as long as you aren't adding the namespace
prefixes to the element/attribute names in the DTD. So now I
have to get that working, too.

Also, I think that there might be some work needed to verify
that xml:lang and xml:space still work in these situations.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org