Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <su...@cisco.com> on 2007/08/20 21:00:57 UTC

message expiration and 5.0.0 snap shot version

Hello Active MQ users/developers ,
                      Our application is currently using Actiive MQ
4.1.1 version.   We have an embedded broker  in Tomcat 5.5 , without
persistence , durable subscribers and Topic publishers , with a time to
live of 5 minutes for the messages. I have observed that messages when
not consumed remain even after 5 minutes. This is know bug AMQ-1112. In
the JIRA bug tracking tool it is specified that this bug  is fixed in
5.0.0 snap shot. If  I upgrade to  5.0.0  snap shot ,  will I  get the
needed functionality  without any major issues in  the usage of (durable
susbcribers , topic publishers , no persistence, embedded broker ).

Please let me know.  Our application will go into production in
beginning of next month.

Also what is the difference between a  release version and  a snap shot
version ?? is release version more stable ?
When is the 5.0.0 release version scheduled ?

thank you,
Suchitha

Re: message expiration and 5.0.0 snap shot version

Posted by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com>.
You can find the new features in 5.0 here :
    http://activemq.apache.org/new-features-in-50.html.

I would suggest to checkout the latest source from trunk if you want to
dive into the code details :
   http://activemq.apache.org/source.html

there are a lot of unit  test cases that provides a lot of example there
:-)

As for the message cursors you can start at the
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors and
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.policy package.

Regards,
Jonas

Posted by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com>.
hi