Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Nir Pachter <Ni...@huawei.com> on 2014/11/09 14:08:57 UTC

How to delete an AVRO:ARRAY instance/record (C/C++)?

Hi Guys,

I am using avro C/C++ library and found out that when working with arrays, the only method which is supported is append.
It means that I can add new records to an array.
One of my use cases requires reading an Avro object, removing one of its array child nods (by index for example) and posting it back to the database.
I couldn't find any C/C++ API that allows removing an items from an array (I saw that the JAVA API supports this kind of use case).

Your help is appreciated,
Kind regards,
Nir