Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Guillaume Duchesneau <gd...@taleo.com> on 2007/02/22 16:29:50 UTC

Cargo maven 2 plugin : timeout when deploying to JBoss 4x

Hi,

We are in the process of creating an integration test suite for a J2EE
project using the Cargo Maven 2 plugin with a JBoss 4.0 container.  When
we execute mvn integration-test, the jboss zip is correctly expanded and
our war is copied at the right place.  The problem we have is that our
application takes more than 20 seconds to deploy and Cargo throws an
exception saying that the timeout is exceeded.  I do not see any
configuration that can override the timeout for a deployable... is there
one?  Or is there any workaround for that kind of problem?

Also, is there a way to tell to the installer (zipUrlInstaller) to force
a cleanup and a full reinstall (i.e. delete the install dir and
re-expand the zip file)?

Here is our plugin config in the pom.xml:

<plugin>

            <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>

            <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>

            <configuration>

                        <wait>false</wait>

                        <container>

                                    <containerId>jboss4x</containerId>

                                    <zipUrlInstaller>

<url>file:///${jboss.distribution.dir}/JBoss4.0.zip</url>

<installDir>${installDir}</installDir>

                                    </zipUrlInstaller>

                                    <log>${log.dir}/cargo.log</log>

<output>${log.dir}/jboss.log</output>

                        </container>

                        <configuration>

                                    <type>existing</type>

<home>${installDir}/jboss/server/default</home>

                        </configuration>

            </configuration>

            <executions>

                        <execution>

                                    <id>start-container</id>

                                    <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>

                                    <goals>

                                                <goal>start</goal>

                                                <goal>deploy</goal>

                                    </goals>

                                    <configuration>

                                                <deployer>

<deployables>

<deployable>

<groupId>org.xyz</groupId>

<artifactId>my-app</artifactId>

<type>war</type>

<pingURL>http://localhost:8080/index.jsf</pingURL>

</deployable>

</deployables>

                                                </deployer>

                                    </configuration>

                        </execution>

                        <execution>

                                    <id>stop-container</id>

                                    <phase>post-integration-test</phase>

                                    <goals>

                                                <goal>stop</goal>

                                    </goals>

                        </execution>

            </executions>

</plugin>

Here is the error trace:

[INFO]

[INFO] Deployable failed to finish deploying within the timeout period
[20000]. The Deployable state is thus unknown.

[INFO]

[INFO] Trace

org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Deployable failed to
finish deploying within the timeout period [20000]. The Deployable state
is thus unknown.

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.deployer.DeployerWatchdog.watch(Deploye
rWatchdog.java:109)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.deployer.DeployerWatchdog.watchForAvail
ability(DeployerWatchdog.java:78)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.deployer.AbstractLocalDeployer.deploy(A
bstractLocalDeployer.java:98)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.DeployerDeployMojo.performDeployerActionOnSing
leDeployable(DeployerDeployMojo.java:75)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractDeployerMojo.performDeployerActionOnAl
lDeployables(AbstractDeployerMojo.java:106)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractDeployerMojo.execute(AbstractDeployerM
ojo.java:43)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:412)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:534)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifec
ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:454)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:140)

        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)

        at
a:39)

        at
Impl.java:25)

        at

        at

[INFO]

Thanks in advance

Guillaume

Guillaume

Re: Cargo maven 2 plugin : timeout when deploying to JBoss 4x

Posted by Vincent Massol <vi...@massol.net>.
Hi Guillaume,

On Feb 22, 2007, at 4:29 PM, Guillaume Duchesneau wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We are in the process of creating an integration test suite for a J2EE
> project using the Cargo Maven 2 plugin with a JBoss 4.0 container.
> When
> we execute mvn integration-test, the jboss zip is correctly
> expanded and
> our war is copied at the right place.  The problem we have is that our
> application takes more than 20 seconds to deploy and Cargo throws an
> exception saying that the timeout is exceeded.  I do not see any
> configuration that can override the timeout for a deployable... is
> there
> one?  Or is there any workaround for that kind of problem?

This would be best posted on the cargo lists...

Yes there are ways to set the timeout. See http://cargo.codehaus.org/
Maven2+Plugin+Reference+Guide

> Also, is there a way to tell to the installer (zipUrlInstaller) to
> force
> a cleanup and a full reinstall (i.e. delete the install dir and
> re-expand the zip file)?

No but I don't understand why this would be needed. Could you please
post any further questions on the cargo lists?

Thanks
-Vincent