Posted to users@flex.apache.org by 4xy <wo...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/30 15:05:47 UTC

How to embedd font and apply it to s:Label flex 4.10?

Hi,

I try to achieve the subject mentions goal, but with no success. I wasted
about two days but with no success. Nothing that talked about on the web
works for me.

I'm using flexmojos & maven to build the app.
I found out that sytles apply to mx:Label, but s:Label doesn't work (on
desktop & mobile).
The project running on desktop and mobile platforms.

Here is subset of links I found. Unfortunately nothing helped.

http://blogs.adobe.com/jasonsj/2011/08/embedding-fonts-in-flex-mobile-projects.html
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/FLEXMOJOS/FAQ
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/FLEXMOJOS/Using+Adobe+Font+Manager+to+embed+fonts
https://flexmojos.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FLEXMOJOS/Embedding+(CFF)+fonts
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf69084-7f5f.html
I also read this.
http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/CFF-fonts-render-bolder-in-Apache-4-9-over-Adobe-4-1a-td979.html#a986

The font is here
http://www.dafont.com/explora.font
I tried to convert it to .otf and .cff. In case with cff I get the
transocode error while compile.
.otf similar to .ttf doesn't work.

That is my css file:

-- main.css --

@font-face {
  src:url("../resources/assets/explora.ttf");
  fontFamily: "ExploraCFF";
  fontWeight: bold;
  embedAsCFF: true;
}

@font-face {
  src:url("../resources/assets/explora.ttf");
  fontFamily: "Explora";
  fontWeight: bold;
  embedAsCFF: false;
}

.nameLabelExplora
{
  fontFamily: "ExploraCFF";
  fontLookup: "embeddedCFF";
}

-- main.mxml --

<fx:Style source="main.css"/>

<s:Label id="nameLabel" color="#ffff7d" fontSize="20" paddingTop="3"
             paddingLeft="5" paddingRight="5" styleName="nameLabelExplora"/>

In my pom.xml I added font managers and dependencies for
flexmojos-maven-plugin
-- pom.xml --

               <plugin>
                    <groupId>net.flexmojos.oss</groupId>
                    <artifactId>flexmojos-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>6.0.1</version>
                    <extensions>true</extensions>
                    <configuration>
                        <storepass/>
                        <debug>${flex.debug}</debug>
                        <defines>
                            <property>
                                <name>CONFIG::debug</name>
                                <value>${flex.debug}</value>
                            </property>
                        </defines>

<staticLinkRuntimeSharedLibraries>true</staticLinkRuntimeSharedLibraries>

                      <fonts>
                        <managers>
                          <manager>flash.fonts.AFEFontManager</manager>
                          <manager>flash.fonts.CFFFontManager</manager>
                        </managers>
                      </fonts>

                    </configuration>

                    <dependencies>
                        <dependency>
                            <groupId>com.adobe.flex.framework</groupId>
                            <artifactId>flex-framework</artifactId>
                            <version>${flex.version}</version>
                            <type>pom</type>
                        </dependency>
                        <dependency>
                            <groupId>com.adobe.flex</groupId>
                            <artifactId>compiler</artifactId>
                            <version>${flex.version}</version>
                            <type>pom</type>
                        </dependency>

                        <dependency>
                          <groupId>com.adobe.flex.compiler</groupId>
                          <artifactId>flex-fontkit</artifactId>
                          <version>${flex.version}</version>
                        </dependency>

                        <dependency>
                          <groupId>com.adobe.flex.compiler</groupId>
                          <artifactId>afe</artifactId>
                          <version>${flex.version}</version>
                        </dependency>

                        <dependency>
                          <groupId>com.adobe.flex.compiler</groupId>
                          <artifactId>aglj40</artifactId>
                          <version>${flex.version}</version>
                        </dependency>

                        <dependency>
                          <groupId>com.adobe.flex.compiler</groupId>
                          <artifactId>rideau</artifactId>
                          <version>${flex.version}</version>
                        </dependency>

                    </dependencies>
                </plugin>

Could anybody tell me how to achieve the spark label to be styled within the
custom font?

Re: How to embedd font and apply it to s:Label flex 4.10?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Can you post an example showing the Label and any CSS in about 20 lines of
code?

Posted by 4xy <wo...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I tried

Re: How to embedd font and apply it to s:Label flex 4.10?

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.
Hi, did you try to set the fontweight=bold to the label?

.nameLabelExplora
{
*   fontWeight: bold;*
  fontFamily: "ExploraCFF";
  fontLookup: "embeddedCFF";
}

Angelo

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
You are only embedding the bold font face. You need to embed normal as
well. Add:

@font-face {
  src:url("../resources/assets/
explora.ttf");
  fontFamily: "ExploraCFF";
  fontWeight: normal;
  embedAsCFF: true;
}

@font-face {
  src:url("../resources/assets/explora.ttf");
  fontFamily: "Explora";
  fontWeight: normal;
  embedAsCFF: false;
}

Add another few labels to your test and reference the font by name not
style name (to reduce other causes). Your MXML:

<s:Label id="nameLabel" styleName="nameLabelExplora"/>
<s:Label id="nameLabel2" fontFamily="ExploraCFF" fontWeight="normal"/>
<s:Label id="nameLabel3" fontFamily="ExploraCFF" fontWeight="bold"/>
<s:Label id="nameLabel4" fontFamily="Explora" fontWeight="normal"/>
<s:Label id="nameLabel5" fontFamily="Explora" fontWeight="bold"/>

If that doesn't work, try embedding with a different font and see if it
shows up. Also, try it with a clean MXML application (not your main
project) to further eliminate other issues.

Also, check out this example and compare it to what you have,
http://www.judahfrangipane.com/blog/2012/10/07/flex-css-style-guidelines/

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I keep forgetting to ask folks:  Have you installed the font embedding
libraries in your SDK?  Do you have files in the SDK's
lib/external/optional folder?

Posted by 4xy <wo...@gmail.com>.

AW: How to embedd font and apply it to s:Label flex 4.10?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
There is a problem in Flexmojos which is probably the cause of this.
I documented the problem and the solution here:
https://dev.c-ware.de/confluence/display/PUBLIC/Configuring+your+poms

Have a detailed look at "things i recommend to change". Adding the threadlocaltoolkit dependency should resolve your problem.

Chris

I had a similar problem once and it was because I hadn't compiled in the Embedded Font Registry. To do this you can create a property in your main.MXML file:

import mx.core.EmbeddedFontRegistry;
private var embeddedFontRegistry:EmbeddedFontRegistry;

Even if that doesn't fix your specific problem, my experience has been that you do need to include the Embedded Font Registry when working with embedded fonts.

Hope that helps

Posted by Mick Powell <mi...@veeops.com>.
@4xy

Re: How to embed font and apply it to s:Label in flex 4.10?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Can you provide more detail?  Is it a Mobile or desktop project?

-Alex

Posted by sunny <x8...@163.com>.
Do you fix it ? Thanks?