Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by 罗赛 <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/10 10:20:33 UTC

Question about updating index with custom field types

Hello everyone,

I have a question on how to update index using xml messages when there are
some complex custom field types in my index...like:
<fieldtype name="offer" class="com.xxx.OfferField"/>
And field offer has some attributes in it...

I've read page, http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages and example
shows that xml should be like:

<add>
  <doc>
    <field name="employeeId">05991</field>
    <field name="office">Bridgewater</field>
    <field name="skills">Perl</field>
    <field name="skills">Java</field>
  </doc>
</add>

So, could u tell me how to write the XML or is there any other method to
update index with custom field types?

Best wishes

Sai

Re: Question about updating index with custom field types

Posted by 罗赛 <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sylvain,

I'm very sorry that I could not help you for I'm also doing pure English
project...

Erick,

Thanks for your approach, I'll try it.

Luo Sai

--
Best wishes

罗赛

Tel 13811219876

Re: Question about updating index with custom field types

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.