Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Chema Molins <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/10 13:42:23 UTC

Multiple inequality filters

Hi,

I have stumbled upon the limitation of Google AppEngine of not supporting
inequality filters on more than one column. ( being able to filter values
with <= and >= ).

Does Cassandra support them? Or this is a general "NoSql" limitation.

Thanks a lot

Chema

Re: Multiple inequality filters

Posted by Stu Hood <st...@gmail.com>.
_But_, vote for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1472 if
you'd like to be able to perform this type of query easily*. Binned bitmap
indexes can perform compound range queries extremely quickly.

* Assuming that your data isn't extremely volatile, in which case those
indexes are not the best fit.

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.