Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> on 2003/02/09 21:52:17 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 4786 - trunk/subversion/bindings/swig

dlr@tigris.org writes:

> Author: dlr
> Date: 2003-02-07 14:01:30 -0600 (Fri, 07 Feb 2003)
> New Revision: 4786
>
> Added:
>    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/java/
> Log:
> * subversion/bindings/swig/java
>   A new directory which will contain the SWIG/Java-specific
>   implementation of Subverion's Java API.

Something is not right

$ svn st ../svn
$ make clean
$ svn st ../svn
!      ../svn/subversion/bindings/swig/java
$ ls ../svn/subversion/bindings/swig/java
ls: ../svn/subversion/bindings/swig/java: No such file or directory

--
Philip Martin

Re: svn commit: rev 4786 - trunk/subversion/bindings/swig

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> writes:

> David Kimdon <dw...@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I got some wierdness related to this dir as well:
> >
> > $ svn diff > diff
> > subversion/libsvn_wc/lock.c:423: (apr_err=155005)
> > svn: Working copy not locked
> > svn: directory not locked (subversion/bindings/swig/java)
> > $ svn up
> > A  subversion/bindings/swig/java
> > Updated to revision 4802.
> > $
> >
> > Then all was well.  I have tried to reproduce the bug but have not
> > been successful.
>
> If you run make clean it will delete the directory.  That means it is
> not possible to lock it, and then diff complains.  I wonder what diff
> should show if the working copy in incomplete?  It doesn't seem right
> to be silent.

Sorry, was away for the weekend.  Sander pointed this out to me this
mornin' on IRC; it's fixed now.

> I don't understand why this java directory is versioned, it doesn't
> contain any versioned items.  Are there going to be some?  Or should
> the directory really be unversioned and created during the build?

The bindings/swig/java/ directory will contain versioned code
implementing the API I'm working out in the bindings/java/ directory.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: svn commit: rev 4786 - trunk/subversion/bindings/swig

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

Posted by David Kimdon <dw...@debian.org>.
On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 09:52:17PM +0000, Philip Martin wrote:
> dlr@tigris.org writes:
>
> > Author: dlr
> > Date: 2003-02-07 14:01:30 -0600 (Fri, 07 Feb 2003)
> > New Revision: 4786
> >
> > Added:
> >    trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/java/
> > Log:
> > * subversion/bindings/swig/java
> >   A new directory which will contain the SWIG/Java-specific
> >   implementation of Subverion's Java API.
>
> Something is not right
>
> $ svn st ../svn
> $ make clean
> $ svn st ../svn
> !      ../svn/subversion/bindings/swig/java
> $ ls ../svn/subversion/bindings/swig/java
> ls: ../svn/subversion/bindings/swig/java: No such file or directory

I got some wierdness related to this dir as well:

$ svn diff > diff
subversion/libsvn_wc/lock.c:423: (apr_err=155005)
svn: Working copy not locked
svn: directory not locked (subversion/bindings/swig/java)
$ svn up
A  subversion/bindings/swig/java
Updated to revision 4802.
$

Then all was well.  I have tried to reproduce the bug but have not
been successful.

FWIW,

-David