Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Saiph Kappa <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/23 20:12:22 UTC

Simple Question: Building new oozie.war file

Hi,

I haven't found this clearly on documentation. How can I build a new
oozie.war file without having to make a new distro?

I make small changes in the oozie-core and then I just build the jar using
"mvn install -pl core -DskipTests". Afterward, I want to incorporate this
jar in the oozie.war file, without having to build a new distro (which
generates a .war from scratch but erases my previous distro configurations).

Thanks/Regards,
Saiph

Re: Simple Question: Building new oozie.war file

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.
if you are adding a new jar (ie a jdbc driver or a jar with a custom action executor) then you you copy those jars to the libext/ dir and run oozie-setup.sh, dont use addtowar.sh directly. in you are modifying oozie code, then you have to do a full build.

if the later, and your changes could improve oozie, it would be great if you contribute them to apache oozie.

thx

Alejandro

Posted by Saiph Kappa <sa...@gmail.com>.