Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org> on 2014/11/03 13:28:45 UTC

CFP: FOSDEM 2015 - Open Source Search Dev Room

***Please forward this CFP to anyone who may be interested in participating.***

Hi,

Search has evolved to be much more than simply full-text search. We now rely on “search engines” for a wide variety of functionality:
search as navigation, search as analytics and backend for data visualization and sometimes, dare we say it, as a data store. The purpose of this dev room is to explore the new world of open source search engines: their enhanced functionality, new use cases, feature and architectural deep dives, and the position of search in relation to the wider set of software tools.

We welcome proposals from folks working with or on open source search engines (e.g. Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, Seeks, Sphinx, etc.) or technologies that heavily depend upon search (e.g.
NoSQL databases, Nutch, Apache Hadoop). We are particularly interested in presentations on search algorithms, machine learning, real-world implementation/deployment stories and explorations of the future of search.

Talks should be 30-60 minutes in length, including time for Q&A.

You can submit your talks to us here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11yLMj9ZlRD1EMU3Knp5y6eO3H5BRK7V38G0OxSfp84A/viewform

Our Call for Papers will close at 23:59 CEST on Monday, December 1, 2014. We cannot guarantee we will have the opportunity to review submissions made after the deadline, so please submit early (and often)!

Should you have any questions, you can contact the Dev Room
organizers: opensourcesearch-devroom@lists.fosdem.org

Cheers,
LH on behalf of the Open Source Search Dev Room Program Committee*

* Boaz Leskes, Isabel Drost-Fromm, Leslie Hawthorn, Ted Dunning, Torsten Curdt, Uwe Schindler

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschindler@apache.org
Apache Lucene PMC Member / Committer
Bremen, Germany
http://lucene.apache.org/

RE: FOSDEM 2015 - Open Source Search Dev Room

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
Hi,

forgot to mention:
FOSDEM 2015 takes place in Brussels on January 31th and February 1st, 2015. See also: https://fosdem.org/2015/

I hope to see you there!
Uwe

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
Hi,

RE: CFP: FOSDEM 2015 - Open Source Search Dev Room

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

Sorry, my fault. I just copied the official CFP, which was sent to the FOSDEM list... Of course, those know the dates :-)
And you are right, the conference is on the following date: Brussels / 31 January & 1 February 2015

I have no idea on which day the "search devroom" takes place.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen