Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Graham Mann <gm...@adobe.com> on 2002/01/08 19:35:18 UTC

Using XPath classes

Hi,

Xerces 1.6.0 uses a series of classes for the manipulation of XPath expressions as part of the schema validation.
Will these be documented, are there any examples of how to use them (I'm interested in using them in conjunction with DOM etc).
Is it intended to make them available or is the intention to keep them for internal use only?

Graham Mann
Adobe Systems Europe Ltd.
Tel:    +44 (0)1603 226749

Re: Using XPath classes

Posted by Khaled Noaman <kn...@ca.ibm.com>.
The XPath classes that comes with xerces is tailored to validate identity constraints. Thus, it only supports a subset of XPath
(schema specs), and was intentded for internal usage.

Khaled

RE: Using XPath classes

Posted by "David E. Cleary" <da...@progress.com>.
I too would also be interested in this for the sole purpose of implementing
Microsoft's selectNodes and selectSingleNode methods.

Dave