Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by GB <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/08 15:15:59 UTC

Re: AtomicSequence not performing well with 2 nodes cluster set up

Hi,
What if we create an ignite cache having "SeqId" and increment its value
using EntryProcessor whenever we want to generate next sequence, not sure if
that can be faster?
Something like :

 int nxtInSeq = configCache.invoke(KEY_PMT_ID_COUNTER, new
CounterEntryProcessor());

Re: AtomicSequence not performing well with 2 nodes cluster set up

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
GB, I am not sure if you see any difference since you will be updating the
same cache entry which does not scale much. Sequence and IgniteAtomicLong
work exactly in the same way.

--Yakov