Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Eric Crahen <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 19:52:53 UTC

ivy:configure from url

JIRA isn't available yet, so I'll mention this here.

ivy:configure from a url is very handy, especially when you have a
non-trivial configuration you want many projects to share. One disadvantage
to configuring from a url is that development is halted when the url is
unavailable. That can happen for a number of reasons. I wonder if it would
be possible to cache the configuration much the same as artifacts are cached
to allow local development to proceed while a remote service is unavailable?

--

- Eric

Re: ivy:configure from url

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Eric Crahen wrote:
> JIRA isn't available yet, so I'll mention this here.
>
> ivy:configure from a url is very handy, especially when you have a
> non-trivial configuration you want many projects to share. One disadvantage
> to configuring from a url is that development is halted when the url is
> unavailable. That can happen for a number of reasons. I wonder if it would
> be possible to cache the configuration much the same as artifacts are
> cached
> to allow local development to proceed while a remote service is
> unavailable?

Have you thought of using an Ant <get> to store the thing locally, then
running Ivy:configure against that? <get> can check update times so only
download files if they are newer