Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Callaghan <ch...@vsl.co.nz> on 2001/07/17 01:03:51 UTC

URL mapping

Hey all,

I want to be able to map a URL to certain JSPs which may or may not have
an action involved with them e.g
map /logon to logon.jsp which also has as action also called logon
also /tour to tour.jsp which has no associated action.

How can I do this with struts?

Cheers
Chris

Re: Unable to run both Ant & Tomcat (set classpath)

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Hi,all
I have just installed and configured the ant's build and thus ran a few
examples and it running ok.Albeit on trying to run the tomcat container i have
recieved a bad command on startup.
I have still got the set TOMCAT_HOME=C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 in my classpath.
If this is the case i assume i can't set both Tomcat and Ant within the same
classpath.I if i require to run the tomact container i must reset the set
classpath and rem the set ANT_HOME=C:\ant

Cheers Chuck Pls Confirm.

--
The views expressed by the sender of this message don't
necessarily represent those of Brecon Beacons National Park

Re: URL mapping

Posted by Aapo Laakkonen <aa...@projectcast.com>.
> > I want to be able to map a URL to certain JSPs which may or may not have
> > an action involved with them e.g map /logon to logon.jsp which also has
as
> > action also called logon also /tour to tour.jsp which has no associated
action.

> > How can I do this with struts?

<action path="/logon" forward="/logon.jsp"/>

Re: URL mapping

Posted by Gregor Rayman <gr...@gmx.net>.

Re: URL mapping

Posted by Chris Callaghan <ch...@vsl.co.nz>.
Thanks Ted (and everyone else!)

I was using <html:link href="logon" /> rather than forward="logon"

Cheers
Chris

Re: URL mapping

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Struts Deployment

Posted by Aaron Ravenberg <ar...@benefitsxml.com>.
Hello all,

I have just started using struts and I was wondering what is the best way to
deploy struts for development, so I can avoid using a war file until it is
ready to deploy in test or production?  The documentation seems mostly
geared toward deployment as a war file and the ActionServlet seems to need
the action mapping described in the web.xml.

I am using weblogic 5.1 sp 9

Thank you,

Aaron Ravenberg