Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "KETTERER,MARKUS (HP-Germany,ex1)" <ma...@hp.com> on 2002/07/30 09:30:42 UTC

How can I generating dynamic Post data

Hi all,

in my load test I want to send different form data for each virtual client
by Post. Does someone know how I can create dynamic Post data or get the
data from a file?
I am testing an application with EJBs, but when if each virtual client
accesses the same EJB all the time, it is cached by the application server.
For example, I am accessing and creating customer EJBs. Is it possible to
have a dynamic thread which creates customer_1 in the first cycle,
customer_2 in the next cycle and so on. This way I could prevent the
caching.

Can someone send me a small example?

Thanks

Best regards
Markus Ketterer

Re: How can I generating dynamic Post data

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
it sounds like you could make use of either the User Parameter Modifier or the HTML
Parameter Mask Modifier.  Under the "Modifier" menu.

-Mike

On 30 Jul 2002 at 9:30, KETTERER,MARKUS (HP-Germany,ex1) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in my load test I want to send different form data for each virtual client
> by Post. Does someone know how I can create dynamic Post data or get the
> data from a file?
> I am testing an application with EJBs, but when if each virtual client
> accesses the same EJB all the time, it is cached by the application server.
> For example, I am accessing and creating customer EJBs. Is it possible to
> have a dynamic thread which creates customer_1 in the first cycle,
> customer_2 in the next cycle and so on. This way I could prevent the
> caching.
>
> Can someone send me a small example?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards