Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ro...@cargill.com on 2002/10/01 14:19:18 UTC

Having problems running FOP from command line

Hi all...I am getting this error:

[INFO] FOP 0.20.4
[ERROR] null

when I attempt to run the command:

fop -xml bol.xml -xsl bol.xsl -pdf bol.pdf

When I run it with the -d switch, I get over 1000 lines of output, but
every block has this error listed:

; SystemID: file:///C:FOP/fop-0.20.4/bol.xsl; Line#: 2; Column#: 123
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: stylesheet requires
attribute: version

However, the first 2 lines of my bol.xsl file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http//www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
xmlns:fo="http//www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">

I can't figure out why I'm getting the "requires attribute: version"
error above...any help would be greatly appreciated!  This is my first
attempt at using this tool.

Thanks in advance!

Bob Hitchins

Re: Having problems running FOP from command line

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
robert_hitchins@cargill.com wrote:

> ; SystemID: file:///C:FOP/fop-0.20.4/bol.xsl; Line#: 2; Column#: 123
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: stylesheet requires
> attribute: version
There is something wrong with your stylesheet, check it out carefuly.
Anyway leave fop alone and first get xslt working - transform your xml to fo
using your favorite xslt processor.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel