Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Min Xu(Hsu)" <mx...@cae.wisc.edu> on 2004/01/31 10:48:15 UTC

CGI occasionally returns Content-Length encoded page?

Hi,

I am doing some simple experiments with apache CGI module. I am
using the simple "test-cgi" program that comes with the distribution.
I notice most of the times the returned page is in "chunk" encoding.
But occasionally, the returned page is in "Content-Length" encoding.

Does anyone know why? Is apache returning error messages or doing
some caching to the dynamic contents?

Thanks,

-Min

RE: CGI occasionally returns Content-Length encoded page?

Posted by Sung Kim <hu...@ucsc.edu>.
I think if the content is small enough or the content size is known, Apache
uses Content-length. Otherwise, it uses chunk encoding.

- Sung