Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/17 09:17:35 UTC

[RELEASE]: availability of RC builds

Hi,

we are currently in the unlucky situation that the server where the RC
builds are uploaded and hosted is not available due to hardware issues.
New replacement disks are ordered and expected to be available on
Friday. Maybe later on Friday or Saturday the server will be back.

I have deleted the RC3 builds already in preparation for RC4 and where
we have started the upload. This was already before Imacat reported a
problem with digital signatures for document and macros. A related
discussion is ongoing.

Digital signatures are broken on Linux and Mac and work on Windows. But
of course a further detailed testing is necessary on Windows as well.
It's surprising that a so called important feature wasn't reported over
month and for me it is seems to be not so important. We have to decide
how to proceed and opinions are welcome or better active help.

I would like propose to move forward with the 4.1 release and fix this
problem asap and release it with a 4.1.1. The problem is related to the
removal of very old mozilla libs where we have agreed to drop them for
various reasons.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: availability of RC builds

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 4/17/14 9:17 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are currently in the unlucky situation that the server where the RC
> builds are uploaded and hosted is not available due to hardware issues.
> New replacement disks are ordered and expected to be available on
> Friday. Maybe later on Friday or Saturday the server will be back.
>
> I have deleted the RC3 builds already in preparation for RC4 and where
> we have started the upload. This was already before Imacat reported a
> problem with digital signatures for document and macros. A related
> discussion is ongoing.
>
> Digital signatures are broken on Linux and Mac and work on Windows. But
> of course a further detailed testing is necessary on Windows as well.
> It's surprising that a so called important feature wasn't reported over
> month and for me it is seems to be not so important. We have to decide
> how to proceed and opinions are welcome or better active help.
>
> I would like propose to move forward with the 4.1 release and fix this
> problem asap and release it with a 4.1.1. The problem is related to the
> removal of very old mozilla libs where we have agreed to drop them for
> various reasons.

For completeness, when the server is back the upload is finished we will
have a RC4 build available based on revision 1587478.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.