Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joe Harrison <jo...@hofferflow.com> on 2002/06/03 20:56:31 UTC

Axis web services for MySQL Connection.

I just setup Axis last week. My plan was to use Axis for database
connectivity to MySQL. But I cannot find any examples of anyone using
Axis with JDBC (or specifically the MM MySQL driver). I even bought
several books, and one that is Axis-centric, but found no database
examples...Am I on the right track or is their some other web service
implementation I should consider for this task? Ultimately I want to use
VB.net for the client, Axis for the middleware, and MySQL on the
backend. I have successfully written a couple of sample applications
using the ".jws?WSDL" implementation of Axis and Visual Studio.net, but
I have not been able to connect to MySQL as of yet. I am new to Java and
any help would be appreciated.

RE: Axis web services for MySQL Connection.

Posted by Thomas Herbstreuth <He...@assistent.com>.
Hi,

why not write an application that does the following:

Call remote method with 2 paras (user and passwd)
Method looks up user and password, if matches
returns an array of keyvalues ( key to a certain task, project, whatever )

Second method uses keyvalue as parameter to look up task/project details
and returns an XML String with structured detail values.

Good luck

assistent
=========
      Unternehmensberatung

      http://www.assistent.com

Thomas Herbstreuth
Telefon: +49 711 735 760 0
Posted by Thomas Herbstreuth <He...@assistent.com>.
Hi,

yes please.

Thank you,

T.

assistent
=========
      Unternehmensberatung

      http://www.assistent.com

Thomas Herbstreuth
Telefon: +49 711 735 760 0
Posted by Jürgen Kaatz <ka...@e-commerceit.de>.
Hi to all,

Posted by Miguel A Paraz <ma...@free.net.ph>.
Hi,

Posted by Alexi Polenur <ap...@yahoo.com>.
It seems that your question is more JDBC specific then
Axis specific. It is a lot of books on JDBC exists.
You might want to look at JDBC tutorias on
java.sun.com

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

RE: Axis web services for MySQL Connection.

Posted by Thomas Herbstreuth <He...@assistent.com>.
Hi,

connecting to mySQl via SOAP can be understood as one of two things.

1.)
Tunneling the requests that usually go through port 3306 via SOAP, that
doesn't sound easy and i doubt if it's possible at all.

2.)
Writing a webservice that connects to a mySQL Server (your Webservice would
be the database client in this case) and delivering the data via a set of
parametrized methods.
You couldn't find anything specific about SOAPand JDBC because there is not
the slightest difference in the use of JDBC in a Web-Service and a directly
connected client.

##############
###########################
###########################