Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Sascha Homeier <sh...@apollon.de> on 2016/07/08 05:37:54 UTC

Language dependent properties in CMIS

Hello together,

as the CMIS spec does not mention "language dependent" properties this is more an architectural/implementation question so I decided to post it here instead on the OASIS CMIS TC mailing list.
Hope it fits.

We are having some language dependent properties in our system and want to pass them via CMIS. For example a property “article-description” can have the same text in english, french and german.
Any ideas/recommendations on how to model such properties in CMIS would be welcome.

I thought about simply introducing new properties like “article-description_en”, “article-description_fr” etc.

Thx in advance
Cheers
Sascha

P. +84 166 456-3331
shomeier@apollon.de

turning technology.

apollon GmbH+Co. KG
Maximilianstr. 104
75172 Pforzheim / Germany
www.apollon.de

Geschäftsführer: Eugen Müller (Vors.), Ingrid Müller (stv. Vors.),
Peter Schellhorn, Norbert Weckerle
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRA 500441
PhG: Meyle+Müller Verwaltungs-GmbH HRB 500138

Das war der 4. Online Media Net Innovation Day am 5. Juli 2016
Vielen Dank an alle Teilnehmer!
Impressionen

Re: Language dependent properties in CMIS

Posted by Sascha Homeier <sh...@apollon.de>.
Hi Florian,

sry but the CC somehow went into the Trash-Folder and just now reading the Mailing list.

Thx for your comments I think I’ll need to look at some usual customer UseCase to determine how extensive those properties are used.

Cheers
Sascha

P. +84 166 456-3331
shomeier@apollon.de

turning technology.

apollon GmbH+Co. KG
Maximilianstr. 104
75172 Pforzheim / Germany
www.apollon.de

Geschäftsführer: Eugen Müller (Vors.), Ingrid Müller (stv. Vors.),
Peter Schellhorn, Norbert Weckerle
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRA 500441
PhG: Meyle+Müller Verwaltungs-GmbH HRB 500138

apollon auf der dmexco Köln 14./15. September 2016
Halle 6.1 / Stand A-064
Schnell kostenlose Tickets downloaden – nur vom 18.7. bis 15.8.2016

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Sascha,