Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by co...@decus.org on 1997/04/09 12:15:38 UTC

Changed information for PR os-irix/335

Synopsis: cgi-bin script not receiving SIGPIPE during output if client hits STOP

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: coar@decus.org
State-Changed-When: Wed Apr  9 03:15:37 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
Leaving the SIGPIPE part alone for the moment..  Apache
buffers script output internally, which may be part of
the problem.  Try renaming your script so the filename
begins with "nph-" (e.g., to "nph-test.cgi") and try
again.  The output from nph scripts does *not* get
buffered.  Also, you can avoid the repeated flush() calls
by simply putting "$| = 1;" before the first printf();
this tells Perl not to buffer *its* output.  Please see
if these changes have any effect, and we'll come back to
the SIGPIPE issue.
Category-Changed-From-To: os-irix-mod_cgi
Category-Changed-By: coar@decus.org
Category-Changed-When: Wed Apr  9 03:15:37 PDT 1997

Re: Changed information for PR os-irix/335

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
The SIGPIPE thing is a "known bug" that a few of us have noticed... in
fact we just talked about it tonight at the BOF.  I'm likely to try to
take Sameer's CGI buffering patch and produce something that'll work for
1.2.1.  (Which would actually nail both of these problems.)

Dean