Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by George Valpak <gv...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/05 05:09:29 UTC

undesired authentication timeout behavior

I am using a homegrown subclass of AuthCookieDBI for authentication. So far so good. But I have a problem that I hope someone can offer guidance on.

For now I have the auth set to expire after a certain amount of time. After the expiration, the next time the user clicks, the login form comes up, which is proper and working.

But the site uses frames, and the login comes up in the frame that was clicked. Is there a way to force it to ignore the frames, treat the browser window as having no frames, and then redirect back to the frame configuration it was in after authentication?

I guess this probably is an issue with any mod_perl authentication scheme....

Thanks in advance,

GV