Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Arindam Chatterjee <ar...@edossea.com> on 2012/03/06 06:06:40 UTC

Re: Help with Image Copy/Paste - Drag/Drop

Hi,
Following up on this issue. The software I am trying to copy and paste from
is a .NET based app. I confirmed with the vendor of that software that upon
copying the image to the Windows Clipboard, it is copying it in the CF_DIB
format. Hence when it is pasted in Paint or another MS app like Word, it
pastes fine, but possibly a format Pivot/Java needs a plugin or converter
for? I can also copy and paste from Paint into Pivot and it works fine.

Not sure how to replicate this issue though as I can fine open source apps
that can save an image in the CF_DIB format...

Thanks!

Arindam Chatterjee
(515) 419-7384
www.edossea.com

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
we can try to look better at how formats (and what formats) are
handled in the Clipboard in Pivot code.
But please open a jira issue and put a sample image there (if possible
not too big), as a starting point.

Thank you again,
Sandro