Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Thomas Seeley <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/05 15:42:25 UTC

New volunteer

Hello All!

My name is Thomas Seeley. I want to volunteer with OpenOffice to better
familiarize myself with the framework of open source software. This will
also give my something to do while I am convalescing.

My background in programming began with building control systems and
embedded control systems. In the meantime I became a tenured professor of
Computer Science; I've taught many programming languages including C, C++,
and SQL.

Regards,

Thomas E. Seeley, PE

Re: Fwd: New volunteer

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
I think our e-mails crossed in the ether. I have just finished updating
the step-by-step instructions to use a different method to download
apt-cyg from its new home, GitHub.

Could you take charge of testing the new instructions? Unfortunately,
the first change is in the initial install of cygwin.

Incidentally, googlecode.com still exists, but it no longer handles apt-cyg.

Fwd: New volunteer

I do seem to have apt-get installed, so the link probably worked when I was
setting up. Could you report this to the dev@openoffice.apache.org list?
Someone else may already know where to find it.

Meanwhile, please proceed using the alternative method described just below
the apt-get line, rerun setup.exe and select the listed packages.

On 9/6/2016 11:22 AM, Thomas Seeley wrote:

> Hi Patricia,
> I am having some difficulty with the startup info. One of the necessary
> websites (googlecode.com) no longer exists. For an example of this, see:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guid
> e_AOO/Step_by_step
> ,
> "wget http://apt-cyg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/apt-cyg"
> Do you know whether there is an equivalent website to substitute for
> googlecode.com?
> Tom
>
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> wrote:
>
> Forgot to copy you on this.