Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by J....@ceyoniq.com on 2003/05/28 12:03:04 UTC

how to run 'svn svn+ssh://...' under Windows

Newbie question:
we have tested subversion for about one week
everything works fine, but there is still one open questions:

What do we need to do, to get the svn client working with ssh?

First of all, our configuration:

subversion 0.23
repository (server) Win2000 SP2
svn client WinXP SP 1
repository round about 100 MB
round about 12.000 files
no Apache running on the server machine, we want to communicate with
svnserve.

we have configured the servers config file on the client side:

# add by CEYONIQ
[groups]
mygroup = servername
# add by CEYONIQ
# add by CEYONIQ
[mygroup]
svn-tunnel-agent = ssh
# add by CEYONIQ

we have installed and configured sshd (CYGWIN) on the server machine
connect to server machine via ssh (PUTTY) works fine.

No svnserve daemon like svnserve -d is running on the server machine.

but if we try to connect via :
 svn checkout svn+ssh://URL

The client doesn't come back.

connect via svn and svnserve -d is OK ! only ssh doesn't work.

We have checked the "Definitve Guide" and the INSTALL file

so how to do this ?? Any ideas ?

Thanks to all of you

Joerg Stannek
Ceyoniq Technology Gmbh
Germany

Re: how to run 'svn svn+ssh://...' under Windows

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
J.Stannek@ceyoniq.com writes:

> but if we try to connect via :
>  svn checkout svn+ssh://URL
>
> The client doesn't come back.
>
> connect via svn and svnserve -d is OK ! only ssh doesn't work.
>
> We have checked the "Definitve Guide" and the INSTALL file
>
> so how to do this ?? Any ideas ?

Sorry, the svn+ssh:// syntax is new and not yet documented in the
book, but I think what you're looking for *is* in the INSTALL file:

   "You can override the "ssh" command with the SVN_SSH environment
   variable [...]"

See if setting SVN_SSH to the correct ssh binary works....