Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> on 2019/10/03 13:28:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] release openwhisk-runtime-go 1.14.0

I'd like to make a release of the go runtime to enable us to then make
updated releases of all the action-loop based runtimes (including the rust
1.34 runtime which has never been released).

I'd suggest we make this release without waiting to merge the Knative
support PR (#106) to the go runtime. From the discussion on the technical
interchange yesterday there may be some iteration needed to normalize
Knative support across the various runtime projects.

Any objections to proceeding with a 1.14.0 release of openwhisk-runtime-go?
If not, I can start the process for openwhisk-runtime-go on Friday.  After
that is done, we can then do the rest of the actionloop based runtimes
enmasse the second half of next week.

--dave

Re: [DISCUSS] release openwhisk-runtime-go 1.14.0

Posted by Rob Allen <ro...@akrabat.com>.

> On 3 Oct 2019, at 14:28, David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like to make a release of the go runtime to enable us to then make
> updated releases of all the action-loop based runtimes (including the rust
> 1.34 runtime which has never been released).
>
> I'd suggest we make this release without waiting to merge the Knative
> support PR (#106) to the go runtime. From the discussion on the technical
> interchange yesterday there may be some iteration needed to normalize
> Knative support across the various runtime projects.

Agreed, especially as this one is a dependency on the other action-loop based runtimes.

Regards,

Rob

RE: [DISCUSS] release openwhisk-runtime-go 1.14.0

Posted by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com>.
I'd prefer to "get it right" in this release, so if we want to do some
renaming/pruning if the docker images for this release I'm happy to wait.

--dave

From:	"Michele Sciabarra" <mi...@sciabarra.com>
To:	dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Date:	10/03/2019 11:11 AM
Subject:	[EXTERNAL] Re: [DISCUSS] release openwhisk-runtime-go 1.14.0

We may also remove the "standalone" actionloop as now we build the proxies
from sources.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com