Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "HANKE,JUERGEN (HP-Germany,ex1)" <ju...@hp.com> on 2001/12/13 15:08:15 UTC

EAR problem

Hi,

I'm trying to create an EAR file. Here is the target for it:

   <target name="_create_ear">
      <echo message="Creating EAR ..."/>
      <ear earfile="deploy/${pname}.ear"
appxml="descriptor/application.xml">
         <fileset dir="deploy/${pname}" includes="*.jar,*.war"/>
      </ear>
   </target>

I always get the error message:
Could not create task of type: ear. Common solutions are to use taskdef to
declare
your task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the optional.jar in the
lib directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME).

It is not an optional task. Any ideas what could be wrong? Do I need to add
something?
I'm using ant 1.3.

Thanks,
Juergen

Re: EAR problem

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, JUERGEN HANKE <ju...@hp.com> wrote:

> Any ideas what could be wrong? Do I need to add something?  I'm
> using ant 1.3.

<ear> has been added in Ant 1.4, so you have to upgrade.

Stefan