Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz> on 2009/12/10 17:43:04 UTC

Response message after invoking a jsonservice

Hi all,

How is handled the error messages after a jsonservice event type ? Here
is a concrete example :

Go to Ajax examples, and create an example. No problem, it's working.
But if in the example/../controller.xml, line 78, you replace the name
of the service invoked for the example creation, then, when creating an
example, nothing is done. That's normal, but there is no error message
on the screen.

The only indicator we have is in the log :
2009-12-10 17:34:03,343 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-1) [
RequestHandler.java:412:ERROR] Request createExampleAjax caused an error
with the following message: Erreur lors de l'appel de l'événement:
org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Problems getting the
service model (Cannot locate service by name (eventWhichDoesntExist))

But there is nothing displayed for the user. Does anyone knows how to
display an error ?

Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

Re: Response message after invoking a jsonservice

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz>.
Hi Scott,

the test case I described is now resolved : I have the error message in
the browser and not only in the logs.

Regards,

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Erwan,

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz>.

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
As of now, Its true, you need to write a method to analyze server response. This should be improved.

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
HotWax Media Inc
Find us on the web at www.hotwaxmedia.com or Google Keyword "ofbiz"

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Erwan,
Here is code snipped from checkoutProcess.js file in ecommerce component.
// Check server side error
function getServerError(data) {
    var serverErrorHash = [];
    var serverError = "";
    if (data._ERROR_MESSAGE_LIST_ != undefined) {
        serverErrorHash = data._ERROR_MESSAGE_LIST_;
        serverErrorHash.each(function(error) {
            serverError += error.message;
        });
    }
    if (data._ERROR_MESSAGE_ != undefined) {
        serverError = data._ERROR_MESSAGE_;
    }
    return serverError;
}