Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steinar Cook <st...@balder.no> on 2006/11/12 23:28:16 UTC

Running tests several times - saving the state (current phase) of the project

The surefire reporting plugin re-runs the tests, which is kind of
natural as there is really no way to tell the current state of the
project. I think Maven should introduce the concept of a "project
state", which would make some of the plugins easier to implement.

Maven2 supplies a set of well defined "life cycle phases". If the
current state ("phase") of the project was available to each mojo, we
would solve the problem of having several mojos being run twice, like
for instance the surefire plugin.

Regards,

Steinar Cook

Re: Running tests several times - saving the state (current phase) of the project

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Steinar,

You may want to discuss that further in the Maven Dev List and / or file a
Jira Issue for that.

Thanks,
Franz