Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/27 00:18:59 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1039586 - in /roller/trunk: ./ planet-business/ planet-business/src/main/resources/META-INF/ weblogger-assembly/ weblogger-assembly/src/main/assembly/ weblogger-business/ weblogger-business/src/main/resources/META-INF/ weblogger-weba

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM,  <sn...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: snoopdave
> Date: Fri Nov 26 23:03:59 2010
> New Revision: 1039586

> Log:
> For https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1894
> Enable Roller 5 to run on JBoss AS 6
>
> Changes to create different persistence.xml files for JBoss.
>
> It's bad enough that you have to hard-code a JNDI name inside your persistence.xml, which is inside a JAR and inside a WAR and not very easy for somebody to edit.
>
> What's even worse is that you can't hard-code in a name that will work on all Java EE app servers. If you create a datasource with the name 'jdbc/rollerdb' in the app server console, Glassfish will want to see 'jdbc/rollerdb' in the persistence.xml and JBoss will want 'java:/rollerdb'

I got that wrong. For JNDI name 'jdbc/rollerdb'
Glassfish will want

   'jdbc/rollerdb'

and JBoss will want

   'java:/jdbc/rollerdb'

- Dave

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
Good thing Java EE is so much more portable than Spring. ;)