Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Michael Starch <st...@umich.edu> on 2015/04/15 23:39:57 UTC

Needed OODT Improvments

Dev,

I've been talking with Tom and we've noted a list of things that should be
improved on OODT.

  - pom/maven:
      - fix dependency circles in radix
      - make extra components with large number of dependencies optional
(pending pull request)
      - move dependency versions to top-level pom making versions consistent
      - update dependency versions

  - replace xml-rpc development-only server
  - separate REST interfaces and client code for ops ui and cas-curator

  - cleanup
      - deprecate unused or superseded sub-components
      - spin-off non-essential functionality into sibling projects
      - documentation

Any thoughts?

-Michael

Re: Needed OODT Improvments

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
alright,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Michael Starch <st...@umich.edu> wrote:

> Dev,
>
> I've been talking with Tom and we've noted a list of things that should be
> improved on OODT.
>
>   - pom/maven:
>       - fix dependency circles in radix

      - make extra components with large number of dependencies optional
> (pending pull request)
>       - move dependency versions to top-level pom making versions
> consistent

OODT-839

>       - update dependency versions

OODT-840

>   - replace xml-rpc development-only server
>   - separate REST interfaces and client code for ops ui and cas-curator

OODT 842 & OODT-841

So I added the ones I said I'd do. Starch tell me when you have
- fix dependency circles in radix
- make extra components with large number of dependencies optional

done and i'll sort out 839 and 840 but I don't want to break all your stuff.

Tom

Re: Needed OODT Improvments

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 to all of the below, and please turn into JIRA issues
so we don’t forget

------------------------
Chris Mattmann
chris.mattmann@gmail.com

Re: Needed OODT Improvments

Posted by Cameron Goodale <go...@apache.org>.
Sounds like some excellent maintenance activities.

+1

-Cam

Re: Needed OODT Improvments

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.