Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Kiran Mathews <ki...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 07:52:42 UTC

Request for mentor

Hi devs,

I'm a newbie to open source and I knew about contributing to opensource
projects only a week back. I had attended the ICFOSS ASF Mentoring Program from
June 20th to 23rd conducted by Luciano Resende. I'm fairly good at java and
I currently am a developer working in java background.

Since I'm totally new to the community I would like to get a mentor for the
project. For the past week I was learning on how Jclouds works. Now that ,I
know a bit I think I'm ready to start off. Hoping for a positive reply soon.

Regards

Kiran

Re: Request for mentor

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
Kiran, welcome to the exciting world of free software!  Perhaps if you
share your interests in cloud we could find someone in the community who
will help you.  For example, I work with the blobstore abstraction, but
others have more interest in compute, DBaaS, DNS, Clojure integration,
etc.  If you consult JIRA we have some example tasks already open.  Also
please join us in #jclouds on irc.freenode.net if you would like to
chat.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/