Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Vasiliy Keretsman <vk...@e-mobilink.com> on 2004/10/27 17:22:10 UTC

problem with posting cyrillic characters

hi there!

I have got a problem with posting cyrillic character using
http-client-2.0.2.

I receive somethig like "???? ?? ????" on server-side.

Could anyone help me?

Thank you.

here is bit of code :
-----------------------

      try {
          NameValuePair[] form_data = {new NameValuePair("param", "Тестовая строка")};
          requestMethod.setRequestBody(form_data);

          DefaultMethodRetryHandler retryhandler = new DefaultMethodRetryHandler();
          retryhandler.setRequestSentRetryEnabled(false);
          retryhandler.setRetryCount(3);
          requestMethod.setMethodRetryHandler(retryhandler);

          // Execute the method.
          int statusCode = client.executeMethod(requestMethod);

          System.out.println("STATUS CODE:"+ statusCode);
          System.out.println("STATUS LINE:"+ requestMethod.getStatusLine());
          if (statusCode == HttpStatus.SC_OK) {
              System.out.println("Response Body:\n---\n" + requestMethod.getResponseBodyAsString());
          }
    }catch(Exception e){
        e.printStackTrace();
    } finally {
          // Release the connection.
          requestMethod.releaseConnection();
   }

--
Best regards,
 Vasiliy                          mailto:vk@e-mobilink.com

Re: problem with posting cyrillic characters

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Privet, Vasiliy

This is a fairly common problem. Make sure that you set the correct
charset attribute in the 'Content-Type' header. This should pretty much
do the trick

requestMethod.setRequestHeader(
  "Content-Type",
  "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=KOI8-R");

For more details please refer to the HttpClient character encoding
guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/charencodings.html

Cheers,

Oleg