Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2004/12/02 18:14:16 UTC

RE: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lo ader

I'm sorry, I must have been very tired when I read your prior email. My
comments were about problems running build.sh, not cocoon.sh.

In 2.1, Cocoon is released in source distributions, not binary
distributions. This means you have to build it before you can run it.  The
error you are getting happens if you untar the distribution and then run
cocoon.sh without having built cocoon.  You must run ./build.sh first.
This is mentioned briefly on the download page. If you care, a good
discussion on why Cocoon has no binary distribution can be found at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LatestRelease.

Ralph