Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/02/15 20:59:26 UTC

[VOTE] Where to put the Clover license? (was RE: Maven-Clover-Plugin: License is not downloaded from local Maven repo)

Actually this thread made me think about the Clover license. ATM, I had
stored it in the Maven repository under a "license" type. I now think this
is wrong...

The problems that I can see:
- A license is not tied to a version of a project (it is tied to a time span
only). Currently all the artifacts are tied to such a version.
- A license expires and thus it is unnecessary (and even counter-productive)
to store different versions of the license in the repository

The solution:
- I think the best solution is simply to bundle the license as a plugin
resource in the Clover plugin jar. In any case, the Clover plugin's
project.xml is already tied to a license version (except if you use a
special property for specifying your own license).

Here's my +1.

Thanks
-Vincent