Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Adam Holmberg <ad...@datastax.com> on 2021/04/01 21:35:05 UTC

Cassandra 4.0 Status 2021-04-01

Greetings. Here’s your look at Cassandra 4.0 release status for the week.
Seven days since last update.

To begin by summarizing a few things from elsewhere on the list this week:
After observing clean CI last week, an RC was cut and a vote started on
Monday. Thursday saw the vote cut short as an issue raised in RC testing
was confirmed as a blocking issue. Also during RC evaluation some concerns
were raised about the contents of the source distribution. The work
resolving that got underway and is ready to commit.

Thanks to all who spent time evaluating and testing.

On to the numbers…

Jira board with 4.0 scope:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=355&quickFilter=1661

High level numbers by release phase:

Beta: 2 (+2);
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16552 Anticompaction
appears to race with Compaction - raised as a blocking issue revealed
during RC evaluation
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16524 SSL failures after
upgrade - ascertained this week as an impacting issue. Potential fix is
proposed.
RC: 16 (-4); 11 in-flight;

Top-level metrics:
Total tickets in 4.0: 1602 (-7)
Remaining tickets represent 1.a% of total scope

Created vs. resolved trended solidly positive on this interval.

Where you can help:

* Any attention on the newly ascertained blocking flaws would be appreciated

*Needs Reviewer:
1 RC tickets up for review with no reviewer
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=355&quickFilter=1661&quickFilter=1659

*No assignee:
1 RC ticket in “Ready to Commit”. Possibly mischaracterized, but won’t
clarify at this hour.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=355&quickFilter=1661&quickFilter=1658

*Tickets stalled for a week:
6 GA tickets stalled.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=355&quickFilter=1661&quickFilter=1694

Please let us know on the thread if I have missed anything that needs
attention. I encourage anyone to respond to these reports calling attention
to any localized things that could use it.

As always thanks to everyone for the continued hard work on the project.

--
Adam Holmberg
e. adam.holmberg@datastax.com