Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Biske, Todd" <Bi...@AGEDWARDS.com> on 2002/03/25 19:08:00 UTC

failure of

Is there a way using <c:catch> or some other mechanism to trap "exceptional"
HTTP response codes, e.g. 4xx and 50x codes and perform action on them?
When using this tag for include portlets from other contexts, it would seem
that this type of functionality is critical.

-tb

Todd Biske
A.G. Edwards & Sons Technology Group, Inc.
Integration Products & Services
(314) 955-6254 / (314) 955-9483

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.

Re: failure of

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Biske, Todd wrote:

> Is there a way using <c:catch> or some other mechanism to trap
> "exceptional" HTTP response codes, e.g. 4xx and 50x codes and perform
> action on them? When using this tag for include portlets from other
> contexts, it would seem that this type of functionality is critical.

Todd -- great question.  This is currently in flux; we're discussing how
best to handle error conditions in <c:import>.  It'll most likely be
decided before JSTL's public final draft (PFD).

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com