Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/29 01:23:45 UTC

broadcast variable question

i am running in coarse grained mode, let's say with 8 cores per executor.

If I use a broadcast variable, will all of the tasks in that executor share
the same value? Or will each task broadcast its own value ie in this case,
would there be one value in the executor shared by the 8 tasks, or would
there be eight copies, 1 per task?

Re: broadcast variable question

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
That's great! Thanks