Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Vikash Kumar <vi...@RESILINC.COM> on 2016/10/21 12:31:50 UTC

Angular 1.x banned on Mozilla

Hi all,
I am using Zeppelin from last few months and it looks very much pretty and solves most of the problems regarding reporting (Collection of visualizations from different data sources at one place) .
While there is an ongoing discussion over the internet that  Angular 1.x banned in Mozilla. So if it happens then what will be the road map changes in Web UI of Zeppelin(As zeppelin is not only using angular for web project also provide binding between objects)?

https://github.com/mozilla/addons-linter/issues/1000

And is it safe to go with angular 1.x(Also angular 2 is new to market)?

Thanks & Regards,
Vikash Kumar

Re: Angular 1.x banned on Mozilla

Posted by Minudika Malshan <mi...@gmail.com>.
It seems like that is just an issue with Mozilla plug-ins. So there will
not be problem with continuing to use angular 1.x since it is not an
plug-in IMO.
Also since zeppelin is using angular 1.x currently, it would be best to go
with the same.

Hope  [1] will be useful if you are trying to migrate.

[1] https://angular.io/docs/ts/latest/guide/upgrade.html

--
*Minudika Malshan*