Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Fred Lo <ap...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/05 05:20:01 UTC

struts-test problem

Hello,

I have deployed the struts-test of 1.0beta to iplanet 6.0 sp2. But at
some of test page I have encountered errors, for example:

[05/Mar/2001 02:33:26:8] error: Exception: SERVLET-compile_failed: Failed in
compiling template: /struts-vg/bean-include.jsp, javac error:
d:\iplanet\ias6\ias\APPS\struts-vg\struts-vg\WEB-INF\compiled_jsp\jsp\APPS\struts_vg\bean_include.java:78:
Incompatible type for method. Can't convert java.lang.String to boolean.
        ((org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag)_JSP__1).setFilter("true");
                                                                    ^
1 error

Exception Stack Trace:
java.lang.Exception: javac error:
d:\iplanet\ias6\ias\APPS\struts-vg\struts-vg\WEB-INF\compiled_jsp\jsp\APPS\struts_vg\bean_include.java:78:
Incompatible type for method. Can't convert java.lang.String to boolean.
        ((org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag)_JSP__1).setFilter("true");
                                                                    ^
1 error

        at com.netscape.server.servlet.jsp.JSPCompiler.compileJSP(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.jsp.JSPCompiler.compileOrLoadJSP(Unknown Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.jsp.JSPCompiler.compileInstance(Unknown Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.jsp.JSPCompiler.compileInstance(Unknown Source)

I wonder if this is an iplanet problem or what...

I couldn't also access the following pages:

<bean:cookie>
<bean:header>
<bean:include>
<bean:resource>
Match Tags

Any idea??

Fred Lo

Re: struts-test problem

Posted by John Ueltzhoeffer <ju...@home.com>.
At 09:47 PM 3/4/01 -0800, you wrote:
Hello Fred,

         There is a work around. Just follow the directions for JRun on the
Struts site about modifying the JSP page so it will work.
Basically, do
·       index.jsp, logon.jsp: Change <html:html locale="true"> to

·       registration.jsp, subscription.jsp: Change all instances of
filter="true" to
         filter=<%= true %>

Bye, John

Re: struts-test problem