Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "D. Alvarado" <la...@coolgoose.com> on 2003/01/27 18:04:46 UTC

Too many cell formats

Hi,

I have generated a particularly large Excel document and when
I try to open it, I get the message "Too many cell formats."
Aside from the first row, I want all subsequent rows to have
the same cell style.  Currently, I'm making this call to
every cell:

HSSFCellStyle cellStyle = wb.createCellStyle();
cellStyle.setWrapText(true);
cell.setCellStyle(cellStyle);

Is there some way I can set up a default cell style so I
won't always have to invoke this code and thus, might prevent
the "Too many cell formats" error?

Thanks in advance, Dave

Re: Too many cell formats

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
Don't create so many cell styles, reuse the same object so POI can
simply point back to it.

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/faq.html#faq-13