Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Tim Astle <ti...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/27 13:00:01 UTC

IvyDE is not compatible with Eclipse 4.12

I just tried to find IvyDE in the Eclipse Marketplace and it doesn't show up.

When you get zero results, Eclipse provides a hyperlink (0 matches.
Browse for more solutions.) to their marketplace website.

When I searched for IvyDE there, I found it.  I then selected the
Install button, but the following error dialog is displayed:

Unable to install selelcted solutions
The following solutions are not compatible with this version of Eclipse:
Apache IvyDE

Will there be a new release of Apache IvyDE or is this its end-of-life?

Tim

RE: IvyDE is not compatible with Eclipse 4.12

Posted by "Cohen, Ross" <rc...@e1b.org>.
This was my experience also.   I would guess that if you do a manual install it would probably work.   Hopeful speculation, but I would guess that somebody will get around to it soon -- though my own plan is to stick to the LTS JDK and eclipse versions, especially given that Eclipse is terrible at transferring settings to new releases.   So I'll probably stay with eclipse 4.10 (compatible with JDK 11) until Java 14 arrives.

I sincerely hope IvyDE has not reached its end of life.   I prefer Ivy as my dependency manager, but I'm very reluctant to use something that will not integrate into Eclipse -- I have no wish to maintain two package managers.

Ross

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 030Sd0mxF) is spam:
Spam:        https://milton-web.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?c=s&i=030Sd0mxF&m=7fef30cbda79&t=20190827
Not spam:    https://milton-web.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?c=n&i=030Sd0mxF&m=7fef30cbda79&t=20190827
Forget vote: https://milton-web.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?c=f&i=030Sd0mxF&m=7fef30cbda79&t=20190827
END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or telephone and delete this message from your system.